FLOATOVOLTAICS 2020: virtual event on June 30th (9:00-12:30)
The exhaustion of global terrestrial resources and the need to avoid occupation of large farmlands with ground-based solar plants has encouraged the rapid growth of floating PV systems.
Apart from addressing these space scarcity issues, floating PV also benefits from improved system efficiency through natural cooling.
On the other hand uncertainties remain:
- about operation and maintenance of floating PV systems,
- the durability of the materials
- as well as the long term effect of these systems on the aquatic environment.
The first edition of this workshop was held in January 2019 with over a hundred participants.
It gave an overview of floating PV systems, with operational feedback from various systems and presenting innovative technologies in development.
The workshop, organized by INES and CEA-Tech, serves to identify unexplored opportunities and challenges that still need to be addressed, like on certification standards, reliability and bankability aspects as well as environmental safety.
Terms of access
- workshop held as a virtual event via TEAMS, in english
- June 30th, in the morning
- 100 EUR Taxe included
- 8h30 – 9h00: Reception – enter into the waiting room and obtain access
- 9h00 : Introduction - Anis Jouini (CEA-INES)
- 9h05 : CIEL & TERRE – Bernard Prouvost – The trend towards very large scale floating solar plants
9h20 – 9h25 questions
- 9h25 : INNOSEA – Félix Gorintin – Floating PV: gone with the wind ? Challenges and perspectives in mooring
9h40 – 9h45 questions
- 9h40 : EDP Produção – Filipe Guerra – A 4MW floating solar plant at the Alqueva reservoir (Portugal)
9h55 – 10h00 questions
10h00 – 10h10 Break
- 10h10 : Lancaster Environnement Centre– Alona Armstrong – Water quality impacts of floating solar
10h25 – 10h30 questions
- 10h30 : DNV-GL – Stéphane Lebeau – Fluctuat Nec Mergitur (part 2)
- 10h45 – 10h50 questions
- 10h50 : LENergie – Florian Bourra – Floating PV projects in Chile
- 11h05 - 11h10 questions
11h10 – 10h20 Break
- 11h20 : Romande Energie – Guillaume Fuchs – A first floating solar power plant in the Alps
11h35 – 11h40 questions
- 11h40 : AKUO – Eric Scotto - O'MEGA1
11h55 – 12h00 questions
- 12h00: Plenary discussion: « Are we doing the right things right ? »
(led by Thomas Nordmann, TNC Consulting & Eric Gerritsen, CEA-INES)