Scientific SOLAR SUMMER SCHOOL
From solar cells to cities : pluridisciplinary approaches
08 to 12, June, 2020, Le Bourget-du-Lac, France
A 56% increase in world energy demand is expected from 2010 to 2040. Solar energy technologies may play a significant role in the energy transition, through passive applications and power generation, whilst helping to tackle issues of the climate change, population increase, energy security, water scarcity, economic growth and rising urbanization. The solar resource is abundant and diffuse, and hence particularly well suited to the building sector. Moreover, it can be a vector for growth, linking economic objectives to the emergence of future technologies. The challenge is to transform this potential into real power generation. This is the ambition of the recently established SOLAR ACADEMY Graduate School at University Savoie Mont Blanc, in partnership with CNRS and CEA.
The Scientific SOLAR SUMMER SCHOOL “4Sun 2020”is the first of the annual events aiming to provide young researches and doctoral candidates with pluri-disciplinary knowledge of solar energy transition at different scales: from solar cells to cities. The 4Sun scientific school is also a valuable networking opportunity with participants from other countries. Our unique Solar Campus, in a beautiful location at foothills of Alps and close to the biggest French natural lake (Lac de Bourget), is a perfect place to meet national and international experts and young researchers from different disciplines.
The program includes plenary presentations form different disciplines: Solar Cells Technology, Building Integration, Modelling and Data Sciences, Law and Public Policies, Economics and Business models.
In addition, thematic workshops, organised in parallel sessions will enable deepening of selected subjects. Workshops include Solar Contracts, Experimental assessments of Solar cells performance, Experimental assessments of Solar panels and systems performance, Modelling of Solar Resources in Cities, etc.
Participants are also offered a possibility to bring and present a poster about their current research and to visit of the extended experimental platform at INES (National Institute for Solar Energy). Rounds tables on career opportunities (Marie Curie fellowships will be organised).
FOREIGN EXPERT (confirmed)
- Matheus Bassani, Federal University of Rio Grande, Brazil
- David Martineau, SOLARONIX, Swisswerland
- Victoria Timchenko, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia
NATIONAL EXPERTS (confirmed)
- Sadok Bendkhil, Dracula Technologies, France
- Solenn Berson, Commissariat à l'Energie Atomique, France
- Romain Cariou, Commissariat à l'Energie Atomique, France
- Louis De Fontenelle, Université de Pau et des Pays de l'Adour, France
- Philippe Jacques, Université Savoie Mont Blanc, France
- Laurent Vuillon, Université Savoie Mont Blanc, France
David Bailleul (USMB / Centre Antoine Favre), Franck Barruel (INES PFE), Lamia Berrah (USMB / LISTIC), Florence Besson (USMB / LOCIE). Denys Dutykh (CNRS / LAMA), Christophe Ménézo (USMB / LOCIE), Sébastien Monnet (USMB / LISTIC), Aude Pommeret (USMB / IREGE), Emilie Planes (USMB / LEPMI), Ioannis Tsanakas (CEA), Monika Woloszyn (USMB / LOCIE), Etienne Wurtz (CEA).
SUMMER SCHOOL FEES
Includes meals, coffee breaks, gala dinner, visits.
- Free registration for members of the Solar Academy
- Early bird fees, registration deadline: May 07,2020
- Senior researchers (lecturers, professors): 250 € (5 days)
- 300€ (late registration)
- Junior researchers (PhD, post-doc): 200 € (5 days)
- Master: 50€ (5 days), scholarships up on request, contact us
- Professionals: 400€ (5 days), 100€ (1 day)
Open in march on : www.locie.univ-smb.fr/4sun2020/
SP2020, June 03-05, 2020
Université Savoie Mont Blanc
Solar Academy Graduate School
Bâtiment Hélios, 60, rue du lac Léman,
73370 Le Bourget du Lac, France
+33 4 79 75 88 23